Expressions of interest
Do you want to be a part of a successful, all inclusive, family-orientated community club as a player or coach?
If the answer is YES then we are looking for you!
At Geelong Rangers FC, we have a simple family membership option of $50 that covers all members of your family. Membership gives you access to club facilities and benefits as a social member.
Membership fees are included within the Player Registration fees, and are payable on registration of the first player in a family only, then deducted for all registered subsequent family members, regardless of age. For Junior players, a sibling discount of $15 is also offered for registration of second or subsequent children from the same family.
Social memberships are also available for non-playing members. Social memberships can be paid directly at the club or via the online registration system in 2023. Cost of these memberships are $50. You will receive 4 drinks vouchers and a stubby holder. These can be collected from the bar. Please note that social memberships do not give the member voting rights at an AGM meeting.
Fee Packages 2023
Senior registration for players aged 16 years and over playing in State Leagues.
Senior Mens Metro: $600
Senior Mens (Over 35s): $550
Senior Mens (U18): $600
Senior Women Metro: FREE
Geelong regional League*
Senior registration for players aged 19 years and over playing in the Geelong regional Leagues.
GRFC League Open Men’s $470
GRFC League Open Men’s (Over 35’s) $470
GRFC League Open Women’s FREE
Junior registration for players aged 12-18 years playing Geelong Region club competition.
Junior Boys (U12-U18)
Geelong League $470
Metro League $550
Junior Girls (U12-U18)
Geelong League $400
Metro League $550
Junior registration for players aged 4-11 years playing MiniRoos Club Football.
MiniRoos (U7-U11) $375 (Boys & Girls)
Social memberships are available for non-playing members who wish to support the club.
Social Members $50
Life Members $0 (must be registered on the members list via the online system)
Facilities Improvement Levy
Each year we strive to improve the facilities at the club as our membership grows through increased participation in Soccer. Each player will pay a $50 Facilities Improvement Levy annually.
- All fee packages include $50 family membership fee. This is only payable for first player registered in a family
- All fee packages include $50 facilities improvement levy fee per player. This is non refundable
- Sibling Discount of $15 for 2nd or subsequent players registered in one family
- All registrations include shorts, socks and playing tops that the players keep unless otherwise indicated at registration
- All Player registration fees paid online through www.playfootball.com.au/ incur a mandatory processing fee of 1.8% which is passed onto FA and not the club (non refundable)
- Payment plans are available. If you require a payment plan you must discuss this with the club first. You can contact the Treasurer to discuss this. A form must be filled out and signed and passed back to the club
Example – a family has both a Miniroos player and a Junior player registered to play with Geelong Rangers. The fees for each child in that family will be as follows:
Player 1 – Junior Player $470 (pays full registration fee)
Player 2 – Miniroos Player
- Registration Fee $375
- Sibling Discount -$15 (minus)
- Family Membership Discount -$50 (minus)
Total fee payable for Player 2 – $310
All players must be registered with Football Australia (FA), pay a registration fee in full and receive an FA number before they can play for the Club. Your registration package includes: FA and FV fees; insurance; presentations; equipment, referee fees and club membership (payable for the first registered player only).
Your playing kit (socks, shorts and shirt) is provided with your registration fees and can be kept at the end of the season . Additional uniform items such as tracksuits and polo shirts can be purchased from the club online store – HERE .
Registration and Membership fees are payable annually and valid for the current calendar year.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration must completed online via the FA online site, www.playfootball.com.au
- You will need login using the email address you registered with last season.
- Please note that you will now only need ONE account per family as all players/coaches/volunteers can be managed in one place
- You will no longer need your FFA number to register
To register, visit www.playfootball.com.au, click the Register Now link and follow the instructions.
- Select the age group that you/your child wants to register for in 2022. For example Miniroos (Age 5-11). Juniors (Age 11-18). It is really important that you register for the correct age group.
- Type in Geelong Rangers to where you want to play
- Select “start my registration” on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- PLEASE NOTE: if you have not submitted an Expression of Interest form or trialled for this season please contact the club administrator before submitting your registration.
- You will be shown all the products your club has on offer. Select the product that you have been informed to select by your club. If you are unsure of which product to select please speak with Lisa Brooks (by phone or email) before completing your registration. It is really important that you select the correct product to ensure that you are paying the correct fees. For example if you are an U11 Player playing in an U12 Junior team you would select Product – Miniroo Player (Aged 7-11) playing in a Junior U12 team.
If you are an U18 player playing in the Sunday League you would select Sunday League Player – (Junior U18)
- Please select any discounts that you are entitled too – Sibling discount for 2nd and any subsequent siblings. This will also deduct the family membership from that players fee.
- The next step allows you select any additional products that the club has offered.
- Participants will be shown a details screen – please update all your details making sure that all fields marked with an * are completed. Additional questions and policies will also be displayed in this step.
- ALL registrants (aged 12 – 18) must upload a photo. Please pay particular attention to the image guidelines. This must be a recent (in the last 12 months) headshot – No photo: No play
- The next stage is questions regarding International Transfer Clearance (ITC)
- You now have the option to review your products and make any amendments
- Payment stage – You will see a breakdown of your fees. If you have been given a voucher code you can enter it here and it should recalculate any fees owing. Voucher codes will be given for Head Coaches and any player that takes up a coaching role for 2023. For any queries on voucher codes please contact Lisa Brooks by phone or email.
- Payments for registrations are to be made in full online at the time of registration. If you would like to discuss a payment plan then please contact Lisa or Michelle by phone or email.
- Confirmation of payment.
- Your registration will be sent through to the Club administrators for approval. Please be aware that registrations may not be approved immediately.
Having trouble? See the Guide to Player self-registration
What does my registration fee cover?
People often wonder what is included in your registration and membership, or why the fees are so high? Here’s an indication, although not a complete list, of the things that need to be covered by your fees:
- mandatory local, state and national registration fees (FA, FV and GRFC)
- team entry fees to the league
- insurance coverage for all players (must be registered and fees paid to be covered)
- player uniforms, including team jerseys and individual shorts and socks
- costs of weekly games, including referees fees, lighting, match balls, line marking, etc.
- costs of weekly training sessions, including lighting, balls, training bibs, training equipment, etc.
- coach contractual payments (applicable in senior leagues only)
- player contractual payments (applicable in senior leagues only)
- training courses and resources for coaches
- ground and club room leasing costs and licences payable to CoGG
- maintenance of grounds, and external infrastructure
- maintenance and weekly cleaning of facilities
- utilities, including lighting, heating, water, telephone etc.
- club website development and running costs
- development of coaching manuals and programs
- kiosk and kitchen costs
- costs to improve our facilities (For example in 2022 we completed a $350,000 lighting upgrade at Myers Reserve which will provide more accessible space for training and games which will benefit all players)
- supplementing meal costs on club dinner nights
Note: Soccer as a sport is not subsidised by Football Australia hence clubs have to wear all of the costs. Unlike Cricket and AFL which are heavily subsidised by their respective sporting bodies hence club fees are extremely low